It’s no secret that office bathrooms can be breeding grounds for bacteria and germs. In fact, a study by the University of Arizona found that the average office toilet is teeming with more than 20,000 times the amount of bacteria than a home toilet.
Washrooms are one of the key areas in any workplace and it is important to keep them clean and hygienic.
There are a few simple steps that can be taken to ensure that washrooms are clean and inviting:
- Regular cleaning schedule for the whole office washroom. This should include mopping the floor, cleaning the toilets and sinks, and dusting surfaces.
- Second, provide adequate supplies for cleaning. This means having enough toilet paper, paper towels, soap, and other necessary items.
- Make sure that trash is removed from the area regularly. All waste should be properly disposed of. This includes toilet paper, paper towel, and any other waste products.
- Consider using air fresheners or other scented products to keep the area smelling fresh.
- Finally, encourage employees and clients to wash their hands after using the washroom.
- If possible, install touch-free fixtures such as soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers to minimize the spread of germs.
- Ban phones in the washroom. An alarming percentage of cellular phones have fecal matter on them because people take them into the bathroom. No phones in the washroom reduce the likelihood of diseases spreading through that vector.
By following these simple steps, you can help to keep your office washrooms clean and inviting for all.
Contact Kempston Cleaning for female hygiene bin management, urinal hygiene maintenance, nappy disposal and we also look after air freshener dispensers, hand dryers, soap dispensers. toilet paper and vending machines. We ensure that all hygiene consumables are topped up and all surfaces are sanitized regularly