Get rid of ants
Due to the small size of ants, it is extremely easy for them to gain access to homes, restaurants and buildings through any small cracks. Fortunately, ants by nature are exceptionally clean creatures, so the risk of them transmitting diseases is actually quite low, but not impossible. The real hindrance is having thousands of ants covering your indoor surfaces especially in your kitchen where food source is prevalent. Many people struggle with infestations and are looking for ways to get rid of ants.
Different ants mean different problems
With there being thousands of different species of ants, there will of course be exceptions to the above. Mostly prevalent in sunny outdoor gardens and parks, the red fire ant has an incredibly painful bite. The presence of these makes it unlikely for humans to sit and enjoy the space as the sting of these feisty ants is just not tolerable.
Added to the pest nature of the red fire ant, is the carpenter ant. This type chews their way through wood, so after time, serious damage will be caused to wooden structures. Various pest control measures are available depending on the type of ant one is dealing with, and can take a lot of work.
Here are some tips on how to get rid of ants from your kitchen:
- Store items like honey or jam in dishes containing water, as it will prevent them from reaching the food.
- Keep surfaces spotlessly clean by wiping them down after each use.
- Ensure all food is always packed away.
- Close up any cracks that are visible in the walls.
- Wipe down the outsides of bottles and jars.
- Vacuum or sweep kitchen floor regularly, to remove the chemical trail they leave which attracts more ants.
- Should the ant invasion continue, it may be better to contact a professional who can stop the pest at its roots, using specialized and professional lasting methods
043 707 1817
- 47 Fleet Street
011 970 3250
- 40 Pomona Rd
021 534 1200
- 15 Dacres Avenue
Epping Industrial 2
031 700 8670
- 26 Richmond Road
041 501 7400
- 48 Albert Road